Aug 31, 2009

Barry Lyndon

While I was at Inky Cuttlefish I met a man called Barry Lyndon. He is not a Inky Cuttlefish studio artist but is having his own show at Hatherly Mews entitled Artistic Mix. Enter a world of mysterious phenomena, the mystic, the psychic and the extra terrestrial. On show will be skeletons. pyramids, collages, bizarre photos of the mothership (they always interfere) and more. The aliens have his number..... who's to say they don't have yours?


1. Could you have done this work anywhere, or is it specific to E17? Did you respond to this year’s Art Trail theme ‘At Home’?
Could be anywhere but ET is at home in E17.

2. Have you participated in the E17 Art Trail before?
This is my first time but I have been trying to do it for ages. This is the first year I have had an email address and it is very difficult to get involved in the Trail if you don't have email and easy internet access. There are quite a few others in this position too.

3. What challenges (if any) do you face in realising this work?
My main challenge is storage. I live in a small flat and don't have anywhere else to do or keep my work.

4. Who is this work for?

It's for other people like me who have had strange or unexplained experiences. Maybe this work will encourage them to talk about it too.

5. As well as being an artist what else do you do?

I am now unemployed because of the recession. I would love to work in an Art Gallery if anyone wants me!

6. What is your favourite place in E17?

Vestry House Museum Garden. It's very special. There are actually Ley lines through Walthamstow Village and the name of Leyton relates to these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you're not being followed....