1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2009 E17 Art Trail?
E17 Designers will be ‘At Home: In Walthamstow’ for the fifth annual E17 Art Trail, on 13th September from 2pm-6pm. We will be selling our unique handmade bags, toys and accessories, jewellery and art and photography ranging from cards to prints.
2. Could you have done this work anywhere, or is it specific to E17? Did you respond to this year’s Art Trail theme ‘At Home’?
We are back ‘home’ in the Grove Cafe where we started, hidden away down Hatherley Mews. It's cosy and friendly and a cool place to spend a homely Sunday afternoon. Also the theme is relevant to the many people who make their work at home.
3. Have you participated in the E17 Art Trail before?
Yes at the Vestry House Museum in 2008.
4. How does your work this year relate to your previous artistic practice?
Everyone makes new stuff where possible.
5. What challenges (if any) do you face in realising this work?
Organising the events is always nerve-wracking as we have 109 names on our list of talented makers! The Art Trail gives everyone a chance to join in wherever they are but luckily the right amount of people usually decide to take part.
6. Who is this work for?
All comers and although they get a free drink and a raffle ticket it's good if they can buy some bits and bobs too.
7. As well as being an artist what else do you do?
We all do loads of things; artists are always busy and creative whether at home or in an office or school - it's all in the mind.
8. What is your favourite place in E17?
For me it's either Hirondelle Cafe and the market on a sunny day, or Handweavers Gallery - sadly off to Finsbury Park now.
Work shown (Top to bottom) is by: