1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2009 E17 Art Trail?
I will do an installation on the hedge about breast cancer awareness, a small exhibition about plants' evolution in my front garden and in the windows I will exhibit some friends works. The whole project is called Naturalist Evolution.
2. Could you have done this work anywhere, or is it specific to E17? Did you respond to this year’s Art Trail theme ‘At Home’?
I create this work for my home.
3. Have you participated in the E17 Art Trail before?
This is my first time.I just moved in the area.Looking for flats last year we spotted the ArtTrail and I wanted to be part of it!
4. How does your work this year relate to your previous artistic practice?
After 25 years working as a garden designer and horticulturalist I want to orientate my work to help people getting close to nature and use gardening as a healing method. It's works for me!
5. What challenges (if any) do you face in realising this work?
I was going to include the cherry tree on the pavement infront of my house as part of my installation but the council chopped it down 2 weeks ago without prior notice.Part of me died that day.
6. Who is this work for?
The hedge is mainly for women even if men can develope breast cancer. The front garden is for everyone who wants to know a little more about the plants evolution. And I invite all my friends around for a party to thank them for the support they have given me.
7. As well as being an artist what else do you do?
I work part time as a gardener and garden designer.Also I volunteer for Brent Mind in an allotment project.
8. What is your favourite place in E17?