Aug 9, 2010

Anja Jane

1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2010 E17 Art Trail?
I will be showing a range of screen-printed illustrative artworks all with handcut feeling.

2. How many times have you taken part in the Trail?This is the first time, having just moved to Walthamstow in March!



3. What kind of things inspire you to create art?
Wildlife and nature, some of my work in the show is inspired by my travels around california.

5. Who are your favourite artists?
I love Rousseau, his exhibition at the Tate was probably a show that has excited and inspired me more than any other artist. I have also just discovered the artist Olaf Hajek, his paintings are wonderful colourful and textural. He reminds me of some of the more surreal work of Frida Kahlo.

6. Please tell us two things you really like about Walthamstow?
I have fallen in love with Walthamstow but the thing that surprised me most is Epping forest and Hollow ponds I also love wondering around the William Morris gallery and then having a look at leyroy's shop on Ruby road which is always inspiring full of flowers and antiques.

7. Please tell us one thing you wish Walthamstow had?
Art house cinema

WEBSITE

No comments: