I’m taking the opportunity of the Trail to launch the website Dolores Rocket (named after the 1971 Greyhound Derby winner). It features the work of relatively recent arts graduates and a scientist/photographer who works in a range of media. In addition I’ve commissioned the artists to make a site-specific ‘kennel’, using only found materials, in homage to Dolores, especially for the 2010 E17 Art Trail.
2. How many times have you taken part in the Trail?
This is the first time.
3. What kind of things inspire you to create art?
I do very little these days, instead focussing on promoting the work of the artists on my website.
4. What challenges (if any) do you face in preparing yourself and your work for the Trail?
5. Who are your favourite artists?
At the moment it has to be Paul Neagu, Jamie Shovlin, Georg Paul Thomann, Zoe Leonard and some of the recent work of the Chapman brothers has been quite intriguing.
6. Please tell us two things you really like about Walthamstow?
The village and its proximity to the forest.
7. Please tell us one thing you wish Walthamstow had?
A view of the sea.