May 28, 2014

Don't Forget the Craft.. Jennie Caminada Tells Us About Her Work & the Mini-festival

Could you tell us about the work you will be showing during this year's E17 Art Trail? 
I am a crafter, not strictly speaking an artist, but believe the craft element of the Art Trail is important too. I will be running a little mini festival on the 7th June with stalls selling my own hand stitched ware as well as other local crafter and food artists showing their wares.

How have you been preparing for this year's trail?
I have not had much time but I am making stock, I have sourced a new gazebo, I have confirmed all the stall holders, I have made flyers that I will distribute to the Mill, local pubs and elsewhere, I have promoted the Art Trail on Facebook and Twitter and my own newsletter etc.

How does inhabiting a community like Walthamstow help your practice?  
Walthamstow is an extremely arty and crafty place to live. I love feeling part of this lovely kind community and I particularly love the art trip, both taking part and seeing other entries.

Do you have a personal highlight from the past 9 years of the E17 Art Trail? 
The vegetable chapel of love last year was pretty special ;-)

No comments: