May 23, 2014

Pfuit! Industrial Readymades by Robert Jackson

Could you tell us about the work you will be showing during this year's E17 Art Trail?
The main exhibition, which I’ve called ‘Pfuit!’ consists of eight ‘Industrial Readymades’. These are used furniture workshop sanding discs mounted and framed. Each disc has its own history which is in the circular rings seen on the discs surface. The ‘Static Discs’ are emblematic of manual labour and machine process. Other work of similar style will be on show during the opening night on the 29 May.
 
How have you been preparing for this year's trail? 
I had the idea for the venue (St. James Street Oxfam shop display window) back in January. When they agreed to get involved I had to produce the work. Most of the framing I have had to do myself, due to lack of money.
 
Could you tell us about an an artist/ artwork that  particularly inspires you? 
I get inspiration from the work of Marcel Duchamp and Cornelia Parker
 
How does inhabiting a community like Walthamstow help your practice?
Moving to Walthamstow has had a huge effect. I have lived in Walthamstow for almost 5 years now and had sworn to myself that I would get involved in the Art Trail. I have always produced art but I think moving to such a creatively fertile area such as this made me take it to the next level and want to show my work.

What are you most looking forward to during the E17 Art Trail this year ?
Dr. Knit (Listing no.149, more here)

Listing no.150 in the guide: Click here for more information

No comments: