Aug 24, 2010

Eleanor Bedlow

1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2010 E17 Art Trail?

I’m showing my work at the Blackhorse Lane Open Studios where there will be a range of new drawing. I’m trying to finish a large scale drawing in time for the art trail, which is an aerial view of a city depicted in a drawing called “Lift” I made last year.

2. How many times have you taken part in the Trail?
This will be my first year in the E17 art trail. I regularly show work in the Leytonstone Arts Trail.

3. What kind of things inspire you to create art?
Intricate maps, looming architecture and unworldly landscapes and amphitheatres to name a few.


4. What challenges (if any) do you face in preparing yourself and your work for the Trail?
Finishing a few new drawings I’ve been working on. I think it’s good to have a deadline though.

5. Who are your favourite artists?
Juan Munoz, Julie Mehuetu, George Seurat, Guillermo Kuitca, Hanneline Visnes

6. Please tell us two things you really like about Walthamstow?
The hustle of the Market and the range of atmosphere.

7. Please tell us one thing you wish Walthamstow had?
A central art centre and gallery for local artists.

WEBSITE

No comments: