Aug 9, 2010

Janet-Ferrier Robinson

1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2010 E17 Art Trail?
The works I will be showing are all extracts from a sketch book I use when travelling on a train. Sketching characterfull animals is a most enjoyable pastime and the jolting the train concentrates the mind most wonderfully.

2. How many times have you taken part in the Trail?
This is my first experience of The Trail and I am very excited about it.

3. What kind of things inspire you to create art?
My inspiration comes from the natural world - the way things grow and move and react to us. I also do a great line in dustbins and tractors!

4. What challenges (if any) do you face in preparing yourself and your work for the Trail?
My challenges are facing up to what I do, why I do it and presenting it with panache within the deadlines.

5. Who are your favourite artists?
Favourite Artists: Picasso, Gaudier Brzeska, Modigliani, Gaugin, Toulouse-Lautrec and Henry Moore.

6. Please tell us two things you really like about Walthamstow?
The diversity and friendliness of Walthamstow gives it a special energy.

7. Please tell us one thing you wish Walthamstow had?
More trees.


No comments: