1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2010 E17 Art Trail?
'Keeping Abreast' (or:'Tits in a Tent!') is a display of mixed media artworks to promote awareness & discussion of breast cancer. We'll be hosting art workshops - picnics and performances too - from noon on the weekends of the Trail ina tent by the cafe in Lloyd Park (or is it Aveling Park? We're not sure. What's the difference?).
2. How many times have you taken part in the Trail?
First time! Come, smile and be gentle with us.....
3. What kind of things inspire you to create art?
Life: draw & doodle a daily diary
Community: Being creative collaboratively for a cause.
4. What challenges (if any) do you face in preparing yourself and your work for the Trail?
Time. It's easy to be consumed by all the practical aspects that need to be done - forms to be filled, questions to be answered, blogs to be emailed .. The best time to be creative is 3am - but lying in bed thinking about it is so much easier than getting up & doing it!
5. Who are your favourite artists?
6. Please tell us two things you really like about Walthamstow?
The social mix - Brazilian egg n chips, anyone?
And the juxtapositions - market/ village; temple/terraced house; Lloyd Park/Lancasters coal yard.
7. Please tell us one thing you wish Walthamstow had?
A free spa for the weary.