Sep 1, 2012

Sharon Foster is also Alicia Dean....


For the E17 Art Trail Sharon Foster presents a collection of work as an artist and illustrator called  Nuevo Comienzo: New Start (Exhibitor no:169). The collection consists of Oil, Acrylic and Mixed Media Paintings, Etchings, Prints, 3D Illustrations and an Installation. 


1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2012 E17 Art Trail?
My name is Sharon I formed Alicia Dean Artworks to start freelance work as an artist and illustrator, because this year has been a new start for me I am  showcasing my art which is in various styles: paintings, images of family, friends and my naughty cats. I am also showing a themed art installation.
                 

2. Is this your first time in the Trail or are you an E17 Art Trail veteran?
This is the first time that I have entered the art trail but I have been an avid follower for the past 3 years, I have always been impressed with the local talent.

3. What are the challenges of getting everything ready for your Art Trail event?
My biggest challenge was finding wall space to hang all of my artwork, and setting up an installation in a small bedroom.


4.Do you remember the first artist that really influenced you? Does that artist’s influence still have an impact on your work?                                                                                      
Well there are two who have greatly influenced my work. Firstly, Swoon who was an inspiration for my drawings and  secondly Jan Van Oost who inspired the style for my installation. Here is some info about them and an example of their work. 

Swoon born in America 1977. She is a street artist from Brooklyn, real name Caledonia Dance Curry,  who uses traditional wood cut techniques to produce realistic drawings with splashes of colour. Her art pieces are life- size wheatpaste prints and paper cut outs of figures that are pasted in the street.  



Jan Van Oost was born in Belgium in1961 and uses installation and mixed media. The ambiguity between horror and seduction, between reality and fantasy are the distinctive signature of his works. 




5.The E17 Art trail has become bigger every year. Do you think it is because more artists are calling it home?
Definitely it is a fantastic opportunity to show your work to the local community. I have seen the variety of wonderful artwork over the past years and I think I am now more confident in inviting people to see my art work.

6.What has E17 bestowed on you?
Living in such a creative place has given me the confidence to exhibit this year. 

From the 1st to the 16th September artworks can be seen on Facebook and the website is here Alicia Dean Artwork

1 comment:

Komee & Fitz said...

Sharon, well done!!!!!!!!!! We are
looking forward to see your art works. All the best to you. Every success. Komee & Fitz