Jun 7, 2015

A life of skein - The wool kitchen's Art Trail event - Friday 5th June


On Friday 5th June the lovely Helen from the Wool Kitchen, the local urban yarn dyer, held a knitting event in her back garden with Theodora who knits and writes vintage patterns (and wears them too!). Knitting in the sun, with tea and cake you say? Obviously I was there like a shot.


Here's me on my way with my knitting in my bike's basket....


The sign above welcomed one to the garden which was set out ful of delicious hand dyed yarn in all different weights and colourways, some projects Helen had knitted up to show off the lovely yarn and Theodora's patterns, as well as cake and tea. I will just let the photos speak for themselves...






Later in the morning Helen got two of her spinning wheels out and I got to have a go. As Therese spinning the orange yarn so eolquently put it, it's like alchemy when the thinnest most fragile strands of fleece transform into a soft but strong yarn. I didn't get to do much as I had to leave but I'm going to ask Helen for some more classes as it was magical to weave a little.



 Helen's yarns can be found in Wild and Wooly in Clapton, at E17 Designers markets and through her Etsy shop (www.Etsy.com/thewoolkitchen).

Jennie

No comments: