1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2010 E17 Art Trail?
I will be casting on 15 stitches of yarn & then knitting a minimum of 2 rows every day for a year.Each day i will choose a piece of yarn that draws me & knit.
Alongside this i will be keeping a journal with a piece of the yarn & some thoughts for each day & posting on a blog to record progress.All of the yarn used will be upcycled,recycled, charity shop, found or gifted to me.The final piece of knitting will become a hanging with a strand on the back to represent each of the 365 days .
I will be casting on this project at the E17 Art Trail based in Walthamstow, London at the start of this years Art Trail & casting off at the start of next years Art Trail.
I wonder what journeys the year & the yarn will take ……..
To follow the progress on the blog go to http://knitayear.wordpress.com/
2. How many times have you taken part in the Trail?
This will be the 1st time.
3. What kind of things inspire you to create art?
Nature, life ,emotions , people, places.
4. What challenges (if any) do you face in preparing yourself and your work for the Trail?
Gathering the yarns , journals & time all of which will be enjoyable.
5. Who are your favourite artists?
Susan Seddon Boulet, Nicholas Roerich , anyone that creates something that draws me to it.
6. Please tell us two things you really like about Walthamstow?
Hornbeam Cafe , the diversity.
7. Please tell us one thing you wish Walthamstow had?