1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2010 E17 Art Trail?
My illustrations are the result of sketching 'live' at the Hornbeam Café. I have chosen to draw using the continuous line technique to reflect the ongoing and vibrant life of the Hornbeam Centre.
I am very inspired by the everyday and in particular by the change which occurs between viewing an ordinary scene and recording this in two dimensions using a wide range of materials.
2. How many times have you taken part in the Trail?
This is the first!
3. What kind of things inspire you to create art?
I am inspired by an inner desire and need to outwardly express my creativity and by a passion for experimenting with media to reflect life both past and present.
4. What challenges (if any) do you face in preparing yourself and your work for the Trail?
5. Who are your favourite artists?
...among others I am inspired by the textile work of Tracey Emin; the crazy projects devised by Sophie Calle; the Artist's Books of Heather Weston; the models by Ron Mueck; and the etching prints by Audrey Niffenegger.....
6. Please tell us two things you really like about Walthamstow?
I love the Hirondelle Café and the safe, natural surroundings of Lloyd Park.
7. Please tell us one thing you wish Walthamstow had?
A centrally located, prominent Artists' Gallery with workshop space.