1. Please tell us about the work you will be showing in the 2010 E17 Art Trail?
In the Castle Pub I will be showing a selection of printed work from the 100sqft exhibition from August:
alongside a series of new drawings (the harvest) and lightboxes (antigonish) I have recently been working on. http://www.carnegriffiths.com/
2. How many times have you taken part in the Trail?
This is the first time I have been involved with the E17 trail but I was involved in last years (woolworths) and this years (the eatery) leytonstone arts trail.
3. What kind of things inspire you to create art?
Seeing people who are driven to create art, working drawings and sketches, solving problems through mark making and drawing, also pieces of crafts and textiles to the work of outsider, naive and folk artists.
4. What challenges (if any) do you face in preparing yourself and your work for the Trail?
Having to narrow down my 100sqft artists to 84 has been a great challenge to fit the pieces into the shelving at the castle! It's a dirty job but someones gotta do it.
5. Who are your favourite artists? .
Antonin Artaud, Adolf Wolfli, Leonardo Da Vinci, Henry Darger, The Brothers Quay and Andre Masson. and the 400 wonderful creatives who have shown their work through 100sqft.
6. Please tell us two things you really like about Walthamstow?
It's diversity and it's plethora of creative individuals.
7. Please tell us one thing you wish Walthamstow had?
An arts centre