Sep 15, 2011

The end of this year's Art Trail...

The Rose and Crown closes in an hour and when the clock strikes midnight tonight the 2011 E17 Art Trail will be over. However, if you would like to send in a review, comment, image or contribution I would be delighted to put it up on this blog so please email it to e17arttrail@gmail.com. There's a search box on the bottom right hand side of the page so do look for exhibitions you've seen and click on "comments" to add your views.

I have really enjoyed curating this blog. It's been amazing to see so many exhibitions and events in E17 and to be able to talk to the artists. A few highlights that spring to mind are listed below, in no particular order. Click on the links to find out more.
Unfortunately I didn't make it to Fabien Ho's WOOF! or Ceramic Works by Amanda Doidge but I loved reading Esther, Leo and Abigail's reviews.

Another thing that's made curating the blog such a pleasure is having great contributors. I would like to thank all the artists and designers who sent in images and interviews and told me about their work when I was out on the Trail, especially Valerie Grove, who started this blog. She has been wonderfully helpful and even lent me her bike, which meant I could go on Mat Schmidt's ace bike tour! Finally, a massive THANK YOU to contributors Abigail, Esther Freeman (Creative Director of mswandas.co.uk, the home of sustainable and ethical fashion), Duncan Holmes, (who has his own lively London blog: londonsidelines.blogspot.com), Big Chief E-spy, E17 Designers (e17designers.co.uk) and E17 Art House (e17arthouse.com). 

Hope to see you on the Trail next year!
Painting by Ruth Lucam

No comments: